Fur-B-Que as it is currently, started as a revamp of the previous grilling event held in New Jersey years ago. It was hosted by our beloved Razor Wulff, and after a small hiatus, it is back and even better than ever! Now held at the foot of the Application Mountain range in Frederick Maryland, the event has turned into an All-You-Can-Eat fall festival day with outdoor activities, crafts, music, and a fire pit restarting in 2016.
Our mission is to provide a safe and fun environment for the anthropomorphic community and beyond, while enjoying all that the fall has to offer. In addition, this event is held as a fundraiser for our 501c3 group: Mid Atlantic Anthropomorphic Association. This group provides educational resources for the furry community and raises funds for animals in need. You DO NOT have to be a “furry” in order to have fun with us! Just be someone who enjoys food, fun, and getting to know new people!
If you plan on attending Fur-B-Que, here are a few suggestions and rules to go by:
- Fur-B-Que is rain or shine. There will be no refunds provided for any reason, including for inclemate weather.
- This event is B.Y.O.C. (Bring your own chair), unless you are a vendor or “Top Hog” Attendee. Feel free to bring a blanket or chair (what ever you prefer to sit on). We will provide tables to eat and have events on.
- It is also B.Y.O.B. (Bring your own Booze). IF you are of legal drinking age, please feel free to bring your own alcoholic drinks. You will be required to have your ID checked at the gate to verify your age, and receive a stamp stating that your ID has been verified. Underage drinking will NOT be tolerated. If you are found drinking illegally, you will required to leave and will be permanently banned from the event.
- Although it is an outdoor event, NO FIREWORKS WILL BE PERMITTED ON THE PREMISES. If fireworks are brought onto the property, you will be required to leave, and will be permanently banned from the event.
- Most areas are handicapped accessible (mostly flat grassy field/handicap accessible port-a-potty), and there is handicapped parking available for those who need it
- Service animals ONLY. The event is held on private property, and the land owners have dogs, a bee hive, and two pet pigs, it is their territory, please keep that in mind
- Please do not feed the pigs anything but the labeled food provided by the property owners
- If you smoke, please be conscious and respectful of those around you (ask if it is okay to smoke in that area).
- Bring a flashlight if you choose to stay later in the evening/camp
- No recreational drugs permitted
- No weapons allowed (legal sized pocket knives permitted)
- All persons under 18 years old registering for the event must have a parent or guardian with them at the event.
- This is an “At-Will” event, and the staff has the right to request an attendee to leave without refund. If an issue arises that is deemed serious enough, a permanent ban may be issued by the staff of the event.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at: email@example.com
Date: September 29, 2018
Location: 9812 Geneva Lane, Frederick, MD 21702
Hope to see you soon!